Thursday

HALLOWEEN CARD MAKING FOR FAMILY AND FRIENDS

All card making is fun especially Halloween which features cards from scary to cute
This card with spider web paper
and orange vellum overlay was
fun with the spiders peeking  through.
The specialty button with threaded
ribbon fits well.
Pumpkin on risers and spongy
black cat finish the look.
Pumpkins in the graveyard
on a starry night
look frightened not by a ghost
but by the glitter legged spider
with the red gem abdomen 
threatening to descend.
These two cards are from
'Why Paint Cats'
published by Ten Speed Press
The real painted skeleton cat is
especially eerie, to which I added
glitter green eyes.
The following cards were made with
ATC's or Artist Trading Cards
ATC's are 2 1/2 x3" cards which
are only traded and never sold.
They can be added to cards
like here, or in scrapbooking.
I've been looking for a new group to
trade with for awhile.
An embossed bat pendant
with red beady eyes lays
on shimmery card stock.
This ATC is one of my favorites.
The haunted house sits embossed
under a glittered full moon with
real beach sand and shells
at it's feet. The card paper overlay
is thick black handmade paper.
My friend and gardener Steve
gave me a few vintage Halloween
photos to use on my cards.
This one I made for him.
I colored the B&W photo with
artist's colored pencils, then fun
embellishments. I overlaid the
finished photo with white vellum
to convey the vintage look of the
image.
 
To see Rexy's Halloween cards
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE WELCOME